Thursday, April 16, 2009

week in review...

This has been kind of a boring week...I guess that's good...we haven't done much...I've been doing my usual...going to work, laundry, dishes, baths, etc...Been trying to rest in between endeavors...my back has been giving me grief, so my heating pads have been fired up all week...kind of depressing cause I know it's gonna get a lot worse before I'm done.
The kids had their 5th easter egg hunt last night at awana...I think they had fun...we're gonna start up our "chore charts" again, starting tonight...I'm trying to come up with challenging jobs, but not too much...one of their "chores" is to go to bed without a fuss...seems pretty easy to me:)
I need to think of a good reward to entice them with...it's amazing how much more willing they are to do things/go to bed/etc...if there is a reward in sight....guess that's human nature.
Tomorrow is supposed to be warm and beautiful...we may just have to do something outside...of course we have preschool in the afternoon, so most of the day is shot, but it will do us well to get out of the house.
AND...by the way...may I just highly recommend a massage at Amber Jo's...I've been going routinely for a couple weeks now to try and loosen up my back/neck...it worked before when I did it...took about a month or so, but helped...I think I may have to do this until I have the baby...won't hurt my feelings!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Susie said...

Yes, I would love for some one to tell me to go to bed and I wouldn't fuss one bit! ha ha. We have the "chore jar". And have several different pieces of paper with different chores written on them, and within the chores are also "suprise" pieces of paper like..free ice cream cone, kiss from mom, movie & popcorn, bike ride, No chore, etc... fun things they want to do. We do it every summer and hit and miss through the school year.

Leah Robinson said...

I've been thinking about getting a massage there to relieve some stress! I might just check it out!

Brittany said...

Sorry to hear about your back pain. I had really bad tension headaches with Meredith and took tension headache medicine for them. Who does your massage at Ambers?