Tuesday, June 23, 2009

late entry

Well, it's been awhile since I last posted...have a lot of fun pictures, but will not have time to get them up today. Updates on family:
Hubby is down...been sick for 3 weeks...won't establish with a doctor. I told him we are to the age we need to be thinking about preventing problems in the future and need to have our yrly bloodwork done, etc. Of course, if it's not broke, don't fix it. I'm still working on him...hope it's not swine flu!
I just got back from Nashville TN with my good friend, Stephanie. We had the national AANP conference...was gone from Tuesday till Sunday...was a nice trip, a lot of classes/learning/notes/etc. Also, was quite tiring for little baby and I. Steph always takes good care of me. Ended up being seen at 1 am at Vanderbilt University Med. Center in Nashville (always wanted to see the place, but not in this capacity). Preterm contractions continue...but were every 6 minutes for 3 hours, so thought we better check it out...turned on the Garmin, and took off. Got home at 5am...Ending diagnosis...I am having true contractions and am making some unwelcomed progress at 33 weeks prego (too early to be making progress). Potassium is low, anemic, feet are like balloons (seriously...have never had so much swelling in my life). But, back home where my docs are taking good care of me and watching things very close...baby is now getting some steroids to develop lungs a little faster in case the little feller decides to make a surprise appearance.
Kids...I think all in all, they are without problems at this time... Ava has been fighting a cough and low grade fever, but is hopefully on the upside of that now. Being so sweet...letting mommy rest, rubbing my back, feet, etc....Playing a lot on their own which I hate at times, but am so proud that they can see mommy needs some rest now. They are so compassionate and caring kids...I try and make sure we do something special every night...at least read some books or snuggle for a show or something.
Well, I'll try to get pictures up sometime soon...until then...no news is good news I guess

Photobucket

5 comments:

Susie said...

I've been wondering how you were doing??? So are you on total bed rest now??? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help? Hang in there July is just around the corner!

Jamie Truelove said...

no bedrest at all...I'll go down when I'm forced...have only been threatened at this point!

Sue said...

Now Jamie, think of that baby boy first. Take it easy so that wittle boy can "ripen" just right!!

Jamie Truelove said...

Sue...you sound like my mother, Darla, and my aunt Sue...I'm really trying to be calm, but I'm not one to sit around...nice for about an hour, but then I'm stir crazy...I'll do my best...thx for the advice.

Chelsa said...

glad to hear an update from you!! hopefully baby boy will keep cookin' awhile longer :)